Monthly Archives: January 2013
The February Fundamentals course will start on Monday February 4 at 8pm. This is a free class that anyone can attend. No excuses so come on out and give it a try!
January is upon us and if you are anything like me you ate way too much junk over the past week and are ready to get back on the healthy eating band wagon! There was a lot of talk in December about getting a nutrition challenge together so that is what we are going to do. It will start on Monday and go for 1 month. We will be weighing in and taking measurements until the end of this week. It will cost $5 to enter and the winner will get all the cash. The more people that enter the bigger the prize. The winner will be determined by total % of body weight lost, inches lost and a benchmark WOD.
The end goal here is to get people thinking about what they are eating and the link between what you eat and how you feel/perform. There are no strict “rules” as to what to eat. For some simply cutting out pop and chips may be a huge challenge in itself. For others your goal may be very strict paleo. Here are some good guidelines to follow.
- No grains or gluten products (bread, pasta, beer, pastries, cookies, etc.)
- No refined sugars.
- No legumes.
- No processed foods (i.e. from a box, bag, more than 3-4 ingredients…)
- Limit, or eliminate, dairy (depending on your body composition goals and tolerance to lactose)
- Avoid alcohol
- Reduce coffee intake, it can negatively affect your sleep.
- Eat good quality (organic, grass-fed, local) lean meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, berries and nuts.
Here are some good resources for you to check out.
First of all Happy New Year to everybody! There are going to be some changes to our membership structure for the New Year. Membership fees will be going up $10 per month across the board. So 3x per week will be $70 and unlimited will be $85. I tried to keep the fees at the original number as long as I could but in order to grow and add more needed equipment, the fees needed to increase. We are still by far one of the cheapest CrossFit gyms in the country and are less expensive than other classes around which offer much less instruction.
Payment methods will also be a bit different. You will no longer be able to just pay cash each month. This method was easy but some people took advantage of it, waiting days, even weeks into the month to pay their fees. From now on you can choose from several new options.
1. Post-Dated Cheques – This is a great option, simply fill out 6 months of post-dated cheques and then you will not have to think about it again. I will remind you when it is time to fill out more. Some people are already using this option and it works great!
2. Credit Card – If you prefer to pay with your Visa, Mastercard or American Express you can! Simply sign an authorization form with your credit card number and your card will be billed on the first of every month. You can cancel your membership anytime by emailing or calling me. This is a great option for anyone that uses their credit card a lot to gain “points”.
3. Pay Pal – You can also pay directly from your bank account through Pay Pal. This option works the same as the credit card option except you will have to sign in on the website and enter your Pay Pal account information. *This option will not be available until February*
4. 1 Year Membership – If you would like to sign up for a one year membership you will be able to save a significant amount of money. Year long memberships will be charged the old membership rate of $75 per month, $900 total. So if you commit to a year membership you will save yourself $120 over paying month to month.
If you have any questions regarding these changes please talk to me at class!